Prerequisites and Requirements
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 10: Sex, Gender, and Society
Requirements (9 additional courses)
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 15: Roots of Feminism
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 16: Contemporary Issues in Feminism
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 80: (Senior Seminar)
- Three additional Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Courses
- Three additional courses selected from Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies offerings or from associated courses
- Concentration. In consultation with an adviser and the Chair, each student will include within the list of required courses an area of concentration consisting of at least three related courses. Some examples of possible areas of concentrations are Gender in Literature; Women in the Global South; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies; Women's History; or Sex and Gender in Science.
- Diversity. Each student's major plan must include at least two courses that are clearly outside the area of concentration to provide diversity to the major.
Requirement 3 constitutes the culminating experience in the major.
Note: WGSS 07 (First-Year Seminars) cannot be counted towards a WGSS Major or Minor. Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 98 and 99 (Honors Thesis) carry two credits toward degree requirements but count as only one credit toward major requirements.
If you wish to Major: Schedule an appointment with the Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Chair, Graziella Parati, and/or Major Advisor, Mingwei Huang. When filling out your WGSS Major in DartWorks, please be sure to specify a title for your Concentration and provide course numbers. You should also specify which courses meet the Diversity requirement. When planning your course of study, it is helpful to use the WGSS Major Worksheet.