MAJOR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLASS OF 2025 & EARLIER
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 10: Sex, Gender, and Society
Requirements (9 additional courses)
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 15: Roots of Feminism
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 16: Contemporary Issues in Feminism
- Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies 80: (Senior Seminar)
- Six additional Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Courses
- Concentration. In consultation with an adviser and the Chair, each student will include within the list of required courses an area of concentration consisting of at least three related courses. Some examples of possible areas of concentrations are Gender in Literature; Women in the Global South; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies; Women's History; or Sex and Gender in Science.
- Diversity. Each student's major plan must include at least two courses that are clearly outside the area of concentration to provide diversity to the major.
Requirement 3 constitutes the culminating experience in the major.